Re: Compiling on Arch

At 11.04.2013 22:12, cwill747 wrote:
When I try to compile on Arch using the git checkout, I get a problem
with aclocal. I get the common problem of getting an error that
configure.in should be configure.ac.
Common to what? Your system for many other projects you try to compile?
I have not yet seen that error neither on recently fully updated gentoo/64 nor on Ubuntu 12.04.

When I change the file name, and
change the AM_CONFIGURE_HEADER to AC_CONFIGURE_HEADERS, dia compiles
fine. Otherwise, I can't get it to compile. Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry I don't know for sure. Might be some compatibility issue with more recent autoconf package.

Or do I just have too much of a bleeding edge system that the new
configure has to be there? Or should I just patch it every time?
Is Dia packaged for Arch? How does your distribution solve this probelm?