Re: Need help - icons for shapes missing

Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi Don,

On 02/22/2012 10:43 PM, Don wrote:
and executing it gives this screen and cache output:

"/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so"

Looks all fine to me. I guess you've verified already that

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so

is there and you have reading rights on it.

Could you
* Close Dia
* temporarily move your ~/.dia folder to ~/.dia.bak
* Try again

Just to make sure that there's nothing wrong in the Dia configuration

Regards,

Steffen

Hi again Steffen,

Gone for a day, sorry didn't get right back to you on this.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17600 Feb  5 22:17 libpixbufloader-png.so

so it appears read permission for all.

I closed Dia and moved the .dia folder and still same thing...no change.

I also went thru the various combinations of removing dia, dia-lib, and dia-common completely including configurations and reinstalling again, again no change.

I am pretty certain that the trouble is not with Dia itself, but something is wrong or missing on this computer. Thanks for the help so far, and I would understand if you would like to bail out of this. Any suggestions to another discussion list or elsewhere to look for assistance in this problem?

If it had not installed perfectly on my laptop (using same Wheezy Debian version), I would have gone to the Debian Dia package maintainer.

And at this point, I do not think it would benefit to compile Dia myself from source as I do not think the fault lies with Dia.

Don
(Yellville, Arkansas USA)