Re: Dia: Why is it so hard to do simple things? dia-list Digest, Vol 89, Issue 7

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 04:41:23 +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:

2. Zooming requires Ctrl key to be held. Which is exceptionally
annoying combined with issue #1.

It seems that Dia uses the same configuration as some other programs
(like GIMP, Visio and other that I don't recall now), which I
personally like and find very productive:
wheel alone = vertical scroll
shift + wheel = horizontal
scroll ctrl + wheel = zoom

I will try to get used with ctrl + E in Dia, as a workaround for the
excessive zooming in just a few steps. Still, I am looking forward
for the day when the overall moving around in Dia will take a serious
polishing.

(one day I will try to run Dia on Linux, just for curiosity about the
zooming behavior there in native GTK environment)

Cristi

--
Cristian SecarÄ
http://www.secarica.ro