Re: Dia: Why is it so hard to do simple things? dia-list Digest, Vol 89, Issue 7

Greetings, Edheldil!

On the other hand, it's the best FOSS general diagramming tool we have
(which is sad, but that's life).

Probably not OSS, but definitely free: http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html
And works much better, also. The problem for me, it is Java (Read - it is
using it's own set of controls, which I'm strictly against of), and it does
too much fancy stuff, and nothing simple. Dia, on the other hand, is simple to
the point, where you can't use it the way you want. (I.e. diagram navigation
is terrible in the part of zooming around.)

To make this post a bit more constructive: maybe it would be helpful to
have an ideas / wishlist / TODO page on the wiki, something that a
would-be contributor could use as a starting point.

I would like a more sane RBL for this mailing list, in first place.
uceprotect just rob your money for removing your IP from their database, not
providing any information to actually solve the cause for it's appearance
there in first place.
It took me a week+ to find a way to post my first message.
Do you think many people have this kind of patience?

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 09.09.2011, <18:33>

Sorry for my terrible english...