RE: Sanpping objects to grid by middle instead of corner

Yes I checked the first attempt to answer my question. The out side of
the shape always snaps by the corner.

Resizing the object so that it aligns with other items that are snapping
to the grid seems kinda, I don't know...odd. I resize objects so that
they fit into the diagram. I think of 'Snap To Grid' as just that.

I appreciate that patches are excepted and I would provide them if I
knew how.

How about this, is there a way to add the alignment features available
in the properties of the text fields to the shape properties? There it
is possible to have the text align to the left, center or right (text
alignment) and top, center or bottom plus first line (vertical text
alignment) and that works great.

Kind Regards,

Jon