Re: center-point-snapping-shapes

Hi John,

please take the time to add a subject when addressing the mailing list -
this makes live easier for all of us that are trying to help you out.

You've mentioned that you're trying to create shapes that will align as
you wish.
Have you tried to add a transparent or background color box to the
shapes that you are
designing? The size of these background boxes should match the smallest
grid boundaries beyond the extent of your real shape. Once you've done
this, your object center should snap to the grid as you
wish.

In case creation of such shapes is too much effort: Simply grouping the
objects with a background box should give the same result. Once you've
set up your basic set, you can simply copy and paste
these groups around.

Does this solve your problems? The Dia community would definitely
appreciate if you
would share your center-point-snapping shapes.

Regards,

Steffen

object the center of it doesn't line up with the selected grid. I would
like to be able to change that so that if I change the size of the