Re: Sanpping objects to grid by middle instead of corner

At 11.08.2010 22:53, Jon Oesterheld wrote:
I'm having a problem when I have 'Snap to Grid' turned on. The object
always snaps to the grid with the upper left corner node(?). Is there a
way to make it snap to a side or middle node(?)?

Did you notice the first attempt to answer your question?
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-August/msg00023.html

To have more grid aligned objects I usually don't only move the objects where they are indeed snapping to the object's position (usually the upper left corner). I also resize the object to be more grid aligned.

Some objects have a line coming out from the middle of one or more sides
(see the 'Horizontal Relay'). If I resize the object these lines won't
necessarily line up with the grid.
Yes, but that's up to you.

When I then insert a 'line' or
'zigzag line' it snaps to the grid but doesn't align with the lines on
the side of the object. Yes you can 'connect' the line to the objects
node(?0 but there is always a slight jump in the line.

That might be a problem with the center point being a bit off center. IIRC they were added just doing bounding box calcualtions, not visual checks.

Patches accepted.
        Hans