Re: Dear Dia developers. Zigzagline not sufficiant

Sweet! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll see what I can hash out by the end of this weekend. Also, what about auto creating connection points when line segments are created, forcing the user to remove them manually when they are removed. That way the autorouting system can destroy the line-to-line connections.
Thanks Lars

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Lars Ræder Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 21:18 -0800, personificator wrote:
> Thanks for your quick replys. I suppose the hacks you proposed are great
> suggestions, but I was looking for something a little cleaner, and resizing
> circles all day wasn't what I had in mind. Also, lining up dotted lines with
> the circuit connectors doesn't allow for ease of lengthening/shortening my
> lines without overlapping. At any rate, I was more or less looking for a fix
> from the developer standpoint as I can see that this isn't something I
> should be worrying about at the presentation level. If you could just point
> me in the right direction, I would be more than willing to provide the
> source patch to the proper line tools.
> Thanks again.

The zig-zag line is defined partly in objects/standard/zigzagline.[ch]
and in lib/orth_conn.[ch]. orth_conn defines functionality for all lines
of this type (i.e. also in other sheets) and is where the handling of
adding/removing segments occurs. Note that the autorouting system can
cause segments to appear and disappear frequently. Handling which
segments a line connected to a zigzagline should go to when it changes
like that is ... tricky.

-Lars