Re: Dear Dia developers. Zigzagline not sufficiant

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 21:18 -0800, personificator wrote:
Thanks for your quick replys. I suppose the hacks you proposed are great
suggestions, but I was looking for something a little cleaner, and resizing
circles all day wasn't what I had in mind. Also, lining up dotted lines with
the circuit connectors doesn't allow for ease of lengthening/shortening my
lines without overlapping. At any rate, I was more or less looking for a fix
from the developer standpoint as I can see that this isn't something I
should be worrying about at the presentation level. If you could just point
me in the right direction, I would be more than willing to provide the
source patch to the proper line tools.
Thanks again.

The zig-zag line is defined partly in objects/standard/zigzagline.[ch]
and in lib/orth_conn.[ch]. orth_conn defines functionality for all lines
of this type (i.e. also in other sheets) and is where the handling of
adding/removing segments occurs. Note that the autorouting system can
cause segments to appear and disappear frequently. Handling which
segments a line connected to a zigzagline should go to when it changes
like that is ... tricky.

-Lars