Re: dia future

At 13.01.2009 03:47, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Steffen Macke <sdteffen gmail com> wrote:
[...]
I guess the discussion will still continue. And keep Hans from fixing bugs :-)
Yeah, but maybe I simply stop in participating in the discussion.

One request for Hans: can you spend a little time marking all the bugs
that you want fixed for the release to happen? I was first going to
ask for a brief description of what exactly needs to be fixed, but we
have bugzilla and we might as well make good use of it.
That list should be (target=0.97)
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&target_milestone=0.97&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

I've started to remove some reports from that list wish did not look feasible to me, i.e. should definitely not hold up 0.97.

Of course there also should be a reasonable small list of "real" bugs open (!enhancement). I'm still a bit uncertain if we should count everything but trivial or even minor, i.e.:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=substring&short_desc=&classification=Other&product=dia&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal

That goal would would be currently reached, but still some of these bugs should be fixed ;)

Also, is there way to mass CC myself to all bugs that are targetted at the current
release?

Every result list has a "Change Several Bugs at Once", but please keep in mind using it will also produce mass emails to people. I have just changed my bugzilla preferences to _not_ being notified on CC field changes.

        Hans