Re: dia future

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Hans Breuer wrote:

Given that some people are using Dia in "production enviroment" I think a minimal quality level must be assured.

What about releasing an alpha- or beta release?

In the PmWiki project, I think there something like 60 beta releases before PmWiki 2.2... http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes

It seemed a bit strange specifically as the software is very stable and it did have the effect of certain production sites not wanting to upgrade due to the 'beta'-tag.

So, maybe doing an alpha or beta release now and then would be ok?

Caveat: I know nothing about the development proces/procedure for Dia, so this might be totally inappropriate.

regards
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr