Re: dia future

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Jan Hovorka <jan hovorka sde cz> wrote:

working with dia is funny for me but there are many bugs and things that
need to be done. Last release was almost 2 years ago. Do you project dead?
Or can I look forward to next releases:)?

Aah ... wake-up call!

Dia is very much alive and under active development. I know because I
submit a patch once in a while. Now, two questions for the
maintainers:

1) When do we make the next release? And what will it take?
2) When do we transition to a more recent version of Gtk? And what
will that take?

I am highly interested in a Gtk update. Things like the generic
"GtkRecentManager" facility are quite interesting ... we can replace
DiaDynamicMenu that is used for recent files, colours, fonts and
sheets.

Sameer.
--
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/