Re: add attributes?

Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi Carl,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Carl Karsten <carl personnelware com> wrote:
I have a diagram of how to hook up come cameras, mixer and laptops, complete
with different collord lines for firewire/audio/eathernet.  I would like to
be able to export a parts list.

This should be possible e.g. through the XSLT plugin. Are you using
Dia on Windows?

Linux

which means I need to attach descriptions
to the objects, including the lines.   I don't want theses descriptions
cluttering up the display.

So the descriptions should be hidden? There should be more than one
way to do this

Just some ideas:
.
* Use Layers and hide your descriptions
* Try to find matching objects with invisible attributes
* Use a font color that matches the background color for your descriptions

Well, I was hoping the descriptions would be part of the object being described. So when I delete the object, I don't have an orphaned description, and if I copy the object, I now have 2 items with that description.

Carl K