Re: Integrated UI layers patch

Am 05.07.2008 20:53, Patrick Hallinan schrieb:
On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 18:36 +0200, Fred Morcos wrote:
Just applied the patch. Looks good.

thx.

I have tried your patch as well, but it needs some work before it can be commited. It first crashed on me due to uninitialized LayerDialog::diagram_omenu. I worked around it by using
        g_new0 (struct LayerDialog, 1);
but afterwards there are warnings from Gtk+. Obviously the whole option menu to select the diagram in the layer dialog does not make sense for the integrated case.

Would be nice to have it resizable
though (you might want to get rid of the labels on the
add/up/down/delete buttons).

I don't really know how to make it resizable.  I considered putting the
diagram notebook and the layer view inside a horizontal pane but I
didn't do anything more than consider it.  This isn't a manually
resizable container widget that I know of.

I think panes should work fine together with buttons without labels or your solution below.
I was thinking of making the layer view narrower by having two rows of
buttons:

  | Add   | Delete |
But removing the labels would do the same thing.  Which would you
prefer?

Removing the labels.

What do you think of renaming layer_dialog.* to layer_view.*?

Please lets do taht after the patch is commited to SVN.

Thanks,
        Hans