Re: Integrated UI layers patch

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 20:58 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:

I have tried your patch as well, but it needs some work before it can be
commited. It first crashed on me due to uninitialized
LayerDialog::diagram_omenu. I worked around it by using
      g_new0 (struct LayerDialog, 1);
but afterwards there are warnings from Gtk+. Obviously the whole option
menu to select the diagram in the layer dialog does not make sense for the
integrated case.

What did you do to get it to crash on the NULL
LayerDialog::diagram_omenu?

I was thinking of making the layer view narrower by having two rows of
buttons:

  ------------------
  | Add   | Delete |
ÃÂÂ  ------------------
  | Up    | Down   |

But removing the labels would do the same thing.  Which would you
prefer?

Removing the labels.

What do you think of renaming layer_dialog.* to layer_view.*?

Please lets do taht after the patch is commited to SVN.

Are you committing your not-so-crashing patch to SVN?

I know that there are a LOT of gtk warnings.  I was planning to work on
those after layer stuff was roughed out.

Pat.