Re: Dia Shape Types

Am 09.07.2008 20:44, Marleine Daoud schrieb:
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:

For the standard objects there are some specialized 'constructors' in
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/dia/trunk/lib/create.h?view=markup
but that's the only thing special in there handling.

Thank you for your tip, it really helped me.

Now I can know the object types of any shapes drawn on the canvas and can
select a specific shape but I have difficulties finding out the properties
of each shape. How can I, for example, print out the properties, color, line
style, etc..., of a certain shape drawn on the canvas? Can
object->ops->get_properties(object, FALSE) or object->ops->get_props help?
In principle, yes. In PyDia there is a dictionary in the Object interface which simplify the access, i.e. can give you all objects properties at once.

If yes, how to use it or how to get the GPtrArray of props for a certain
shape and then how to print it?

The key to use Object::get_props() in C is Object::describe_props() and prop_list_from_descs().

Still I'm convinced that using the C interface for prototyping is the wrong approach. And I wont provide any sample code there.

        Hans