Re: Differentiating between Connectors and Objects

Am 09.07.2008 20:34, Lars Clausen schrieb:

On Jul 9, 2008, at 7:50 PM, Fred Morcos wrote:

Is it possible to get the type of an object without using a returned
string (object_get_type)? I want to loop over all the selected objects
and count the number of "connection objects" and the number of "other
normal objects" without having to go through this:

(pseudo code)
if (objtype == "Standard - Line" || "UML - Generalization" || "UML -
Dependency" || etc...)

Many of the "connection objects" and "normal objects" inherit from a few top classes - Line, Arc, Polyline resp. Element.
Not quite true, e.g. almost no Elemet is a "connectio object", the one I know is "Standard - Text", but even that does not qualify for auto-routing

The three base classes of "connection objects" are "Connection", "OrthConn" and "BezierConn". But this does not help much because there currently there is no way to get on the base class. And IMO using "dynamic cast" (or specific types) to solve the task at hand is the wrong approach anyway.

However, not all do, and some few objects have aspects of both types (Lifeline, for instance).

Yeah, add "Standard - Text" and "Standard - Line" at least ...

        Hans