Redefining shortcuts (was: Re: Nested groups as faux layering)

At 17.08.2008 18:28, Michael Ross wrote:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:

 Still on 0.95-pre7 (can't stand the newer keystroke shortcuts)
The ChangeLog does not show such a change, could you elaborate a bit more
what change keeps you on a prerelease?

We had a discussion about this at least a year ago about this.  I am an old
school "power user" and I prefer keystrokes to intiate functions.  One or
two keys max (Alt-Z for instance), and I prefer to set them up myself. I can
hit Shift, Ctrl, Alt and nearly anything on the left side of the keyboard at
the same time, but Shift-Alt-anthing is not good at all.  Changing to the
three finger Shift-Alt-? combinations effectively removed shortcuts as a
feature for me.

But the shortcuts *are* still editable as said in the older thread [1]. Just the format of $(HOME)/.dia/menurc changed

Just tested it with mapping "View/Show Grid" mapped to 'Windows'-g. For 0.96 and above it is:

(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/ViewShowgrid" "<Super>g")

and for 0.95 it is:

(gtk_accel_path "<Display>/View/Show Grid" "<Super>g")

The only thing I noticed not working is redefining to one of the already used (by windows) keys, e.g.

(gtk_accel_path "<Display>/View/Show Grid" "<Super>e")

will still open the explorer and is not available for switching the grid or other actions.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2007-October/msg00031.html