Nested groups as faux layering

Greetings,

I had this idle thought while driving to work this morning...

I tend to be nesting more and more groups in Dia - grouping groups of groups, etc.  I use it as a quick sort of layering.  I wonder if there is a limitation of which I should be aware?  OR can I continue gathering more and more entities together in groups without concern for performance or stability?

Still on 0.95-pre7 (can't stand the newer keystroke shortcuts) which has a problem of crashing when ungrouping at times (always save first).

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael Ross