Re: Patch for Delete key behavior (for dia-0.96.1)

On 9/28/07, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:
The second related thing where both programs agree is that *double
clicking* of a selected text object does enter text editing. And clicking
outside of the object ends it.

Does that mean that double clicking on a text object will work
different from a normal object? That's really ugly. And what about an
object that has other things along with text?

So I think we should try to follow the examples of other vector editors and
 don't try to be like Nautilus.

It's not about "trying to be like" someone ... it's about trying to
have the most comfortable interface. It's not necessary that someone
using Dia is familiar with other diagram editors, and we must "try to
be like" those other editors for their sake. But every person using
Dia will definitely be familiar with Nautilus or Explorer or both.

It's not necessary that just because other programs have a certain
interface, that has to be correct or that is the way every new program
should behave. Come to think of it, Dia is a Gnome application ...
maybe we should be looking at shortcuts that are correct in or fit
better, with Gnome.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, Department of CSE, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/