Re: Motivation for having a 'text color' that is invisible

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 15:00 -0400, Michael Ross wrote:
That brings up a thought about what happens to the layer properties of
the components in a group...  I haven't tried it, but I bet the group
ends up on the current layer and overrides the layer props of the
components.  Do you get the component layer props back when you
ungroup?

You cannot group objects between layers, since you cannot select objects
in more than one layer.

The right lucky combination of this could provide a workaround.  But
text on/off property for a shape might be nice.

It could make sense for this shape, certainly.

Given that text switch, this is where being able to select many and
make the same property change to all the selected would be handy.

That's why Sameer is your friend:)

-Lars