Re: Motivation for having a 'text color' that is invisible

That brings up a thought about what happens to the layer properties of the components in a group...  I haven't tried it, but I bet the group ends up on the current layer and overrides the layer props of the components.  Do you get the component layer props back when you ungroup?

The right lucky combination of this could provide a workaround.  But text on/off property for a shape might be nice.

Given that text switch, this is where being able to select many and make the same property change to all the selected would be handy.

Mike

On 10/24/07, christian ridderstrom gmail com < christian ridderstrom gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Michael Ross wrote:

> Can't you put all the "sometimes invisible" text on a layer and toggle
> that on and off as needed?  I do that all the time with equipment
> diagrams now. One layer is the functional diagram, another maybe a
> schematic, another may have purchasing information or setup information
> on it. I turn them on an off as needed.

I should have been more clear. In this case I always want the text that
belongs to the shape 'Chronogram - time scale' to be invisible.

Note that the text belongs to this particular shape, and as far as I know,
I must place the entire shape on the same layer.

Clearer now?
/Christian