Re: suggestions for Dia

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:58 +0100, Johannes van Staveren wrote:
Hello People who made Dia,
First of all i would like to say i really enjoy working with dia
because of its simpleness and open source background. There are some
things which i find really unhandy tho. I am now talking about the
linux version of Dia 0.95.
- I cant seem to change the default settings for some things like the
lining, text color and background of the shapes. This is really
unhandy when i am using the same non-default layout different times
over and over again.
- The same goes for the text outlining. It is default set to left-top
but center is way easier since i mostly apply the text to the center
of my Box / Ellipse. It would really save a lot of time and effort if
these defaults could be changed.

Have you tried double-clicking on the toolbar buttons for these?  That
brings up the defaults dialog for that tool.  There's some shapes that
don't allow everything to be changed, though.

- The final thing which i am really surprised about is that some of
the short cuts for using the things from the menu (file, edit, etc)
are the same as the shortcuts for shapes and lines. (ie. Alt+E =
Ellipse = Edit). This problem i did not encounter on my windows
system.

This is fixed in version 0.96, coming out real soon now.

-Lars