Re: suggestions for Dia

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:58:46 +0100, Johannes van Staveren wrote
Hello People who made Dia,
First of all i would like to say i really enjoy working with dia
because of its simpleness and open source background. There are some
things which i find really unhandy tho. I am now talking about the
linux version of Dia
0.95. - I cant seem to change the default settings for some things
like the lining, text color and background of the shapes. This is
really unhandy when i am using the same non-default layout different
times over and over again. - The same goes for the text outlining.
It is default set to left-top but center is way easier since i
mostly apply the text to the center of my Box / Ellipse.

(I`m just a user) You can change deffault settings of shapes: you have to
double click on the icon corresponding to the one  you want to change: (the
icon on the main menu); next times you load that  shape  it will have the
new settings.
Each shape has its own properties; and for example Ellipse does not admit a
test in my Dia.
May be the Connector shape (from FlowChart) is better for yow: it looks as
an ellipse and admits a text, centered by default.

It would
really save a lot of time and effort if these defaults could be changed.
- The final thing which i am really surprised about is that some of the
short cuts for using the things from the menu (file, edit, etc) are
the same as the shortcuts for shapes and lines. (ie. Alt+E = Ellipse
= Edit).

I don't know how to click Alt +E  to get an ellipse.  It's not announced in
Dia 0.95.1 but it announced in Dia 0.96-pre3.

This problem i did not encounter on my windows system.

I would greatly appreciate it if these changes could be made to the next
version of Dia. or if there were just an update.

--
met Happy greetings Johannes

--
Loli