suggestions for Dia

Hello People who made Dia,
First of all i would like to say i really enjoy working with dia because of its simpleness and open source background. There are some things which i find really unhandy tho. I am now talking about the linux version of Dia 0.95.
- I cant seem to change the default settings for some things like the lining, text color and background of the shapes. This is really unhandy when i am using the same non-default layout different times over and over again.
- The same goes for the text outlining. It is default set to left-top but center is way easier since i mostly apply the text to the center of my Box / Ellipse. It would really save a lot of time and effort if these defaults could be changed.
- The final thing which i am really surprised about is that some of the short cuts for using the things from the menu (file, edit, etc) are the same as the shortcuts for shapes and lines. (ie. Alt+E = Ellipse = Edit). This problem i did not encounter on my windows system.

I would greatly appreciate it if these changes could be made to the next version of Dia. or if there were just an update.

--
met Happy greetings Johannes