Re: Rotating =?iso-8859-1?Q?45=B0/90=B0?=

Greg Trounson said:
Nick Moore wrote:
Hey Joachim,

Unfortunately this feature is yet to be implemented in Dia. I believe
there is some talk of making at least some objects rotatable by 90
degrees by version 1, but I'm afraid I don't know what progress has been
made on that.

I'm not sure why this is a problem any more - Cairo (which GTK, the base
toolkit for dia,
is now based on) has had supported arbitrary rotations for some time.

It's not a problem in the underlying rendering libraries, and hasn't been
for a while.  It's a problem of integrating it in Dia: Updating all
renderers that can support rotation in their output, making sure objects
don't have to deal with rotation more than absolutely necessary, getting
autorouting to understand rotated objects, figuring out bounding boxes and
handle placement, doing something logical for rotated objects within
rotated groups, making a logical UI -- we're blocked by nothing but the
time and thought we can put into doing it.

-Lars