Re: Connecting line to line

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:25:42 +0100 (CET), Lars Clausen wrote
loli sagde:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:03:43 +0100, Lars Clausen wrote
I see 2 options here:

1) allow the creation of arbitrary zero size connection points which
can
be added to the diagram for this purpose

That's somewhat of a kludge, but easy to do.
(I don't understand "kludge"; it does not appear in my "The Merriam
Webster
Pocket Dictionary).

http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_26.html#TAG999

Thanks!!

But just in case you are planning to program these "zero size connection
points": I think they should be able to increase in size and have more
than
just one regular connection point (as the ellipse has), in order to make
it
easier to connect or disconnect a line without touching end points of
other
lines.
I correct myself: just one conection point is better: to connect or
disconnect a line, first we touch the line ond just its own end points get
colored

In that case, is it just an ellipse with no visible rendering?
This is a very good idea.

After seeing Linbo's diagram I realized Dia can be used to prepare geometric
figures (for many years I used Texcad for teaching); So not only joining
lines is good but also adding identifiers to the points is good.

Now I properly think that using an ellipse is a kludge; and propose an svg
shape a little better: I paste it hear (it is quite small)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns";
       xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
  <name>Point</name>
  <icon>Point.xpm</icon>
  <connections>
    <point x="0.5" y="0.5"/>
    <point x="0.2" y="0.4"/>
    <point x="0.2" y="0.8"/>
    <point x="0.6" y="0.4"/>
    <point x="0.6" y="0.8"/>
  </connections>
  <aspectratio type="fixed"/>
  <svg:svg width="1" height="1">
  <svg:rect x="0" y="0" width="1" height="1" svg:style="stroke:none"/>
  </svg:svg>
</shape>

On purpose, no conection point is declared main.
The first connection point is in the center of the bouncing box;
it is the one intended to join lines

The other four connection points are possible places to attach a text
 to identify the point, well inside the bouncing box (not forming a centered
 square but moved a little to the left and below)

 To move the point with the attached lines, we touch near one of the no used
 connection for identifiers.

 As usual to connect or disconnect a line first we touch it, and then, when
its end points are colored we touch the end point.

 When I made geometric figures for teaching, I always marked with small
circles the points of interest. We could add a filled circle to the shape;
its color could be chosen as usual. If by resizing, its radio  grows and the
identifiers get farther

-Lars