Re: --show-layers=... alternative
- From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>
- To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: --show-layers=... alternative
- Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:59:27 +0200
On 03.04.2005 20:26, Simon Kagstrom wrote:
On 2005-04-03, 17:46, Lars Clausen wrote:
That could be useful. There also ought to be a warning if a layer is
specified multiple times.
I reimplemented the patch to support both named layers and ranges of numbered
layers. Things like
app/run_dia.sh -e tst.eps dijkstra_execution.dia --show-layers="Step 5",0-1,Graph
work now and will issue warnings like "Warning: Layer 1 (Graph) selected more
than once." if a layer is selected more than once (but it still works). If
--show-layers= is given, no layers are exported.
The patch is available at
- you are using strtok_r() to split the string into pieces. That function
is neither portable nor utf8 aware (if that matters). It would be better
to use g_strsplit()
- please don't use strdup() and free() but their g_* equivalent. The latter
are guaranteed to not return on failure.
- g_error() will also call exit(). IMO g_assert() would be more appropriate
at some places
I'm afraid I uploaded an incorrect version first, sorry for that. I also
didn't touch the ChangeLog or the manual, but I can do that if I'm supposed to
do it :-)
That would be nice.
-------- Hans "at" Breuer "dot" Org -----------
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to
get along without it. -- Dilbert
] [Thread Prev