Re: --show-layers=... alternative

On 2005-04-03, 16:11, Lars Clausen wrote:
On 2005-04-03, 11:07, Simon Kagstrom wrote:
Hello Dia-developers!

I implemented a patch for Dia yesterday against the Debian/Sarge dia package
source (attached in the mail). This patch implements a command-line option to
specify which layers to show on exports.

I updated the patch for the CVS version of Dia and attached it here. It
implements --show-layers-range and works as outlined in the last mail.

I see the use of the functionality (I never thought Dia would be used
for animation!), but agree that another command-line argument is bad.

It works well for my purposes, and I find it a quite convenient tool to work
with - even for doing animations.

We could do a slight hack and say that if the argument to
--export-layers is in [0-9,-] then it's layer numbers, otherwise it's
layer names.  If somebody names all their layers just numbers, they
might get confused, and we could emit a warning if a layer name is just
digits and dashes.

True. Well, I could try to do some reworking of the patch to integrate it into
the --show-layers= option instead. The only thing that would worry me then is
that the option can be hard to understand in the start since it comes in many
forms. On the other hand, I guess it could be useful to do something like

--show-layers=background,2-4,image

// Simon