--show-layers=... alternative

Hello Dia-developers!

I implemented a patch for Dia yesterday against the Debian/Sarge dia package
source (attached in the mail). This patch implements a command-line option to
specify which layers to show on exports.

Today, I checked out the Dia CVS sources and found out that something very
similar was already implemented, --show-layers=NAME,NAME2,... Oops - I should
have started with CVS instead :-)

Anyway, my patch implements this slightly differently. In the patch, the
option is called --export-layers, and specifies a range of layers to
export. I.e.,

--export-layers=0-3   and  --export-layers=-3

Will export layers 0,1,2,3 (the lowermost layers)

--export-layers=2-4,7

will export layers 2,3,4,7

--export-layers=6-

will export layers from 6 and up.

I find this behaviour useful since I use the layer feature for slide
animations, where this fits well into Makefiles without overly long command
lines. Anyhow, would the rest of you be interested in YET another command line
option which does more or less the same thing as --show-layers? Maybe
--show-layers-range? If so, I could spend some time to rewrite the patch for
the CVS version (the patch doesn't apply to the CVS version, but it should be
possible to see how it works).

If not - at least I've learned to always look at the latest source first ;-)

// Simon