Re: Another set of beginner questions

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 18:26, Jim Clark wrote:
I want to change the box creation defaults for new boxes. I can see
how to create them and then edit the things I want to change (color
and padding) but I would like to be able to alter those for all future
boxes. Is there a way to change these--do not see such a dialog in the
preferences? Annoying to have to edit each one.

When you double click any tool button (in the application window), you
get a dialog for general preferences for this specific tool.

It is a bit hidden. Maybe we could add to each tooltip something like
"Double click for preferences" or something lighter ?

luc

And, an error I make all the time. I am editing the text and wanting
to remove a hard return or space. I get in front of it and hit delete,
which deletes the entire box. So I undo, move forward a space, hit
backspace, and remove the space or return as required. But this sure
is annoying. Must be an easier way to do this.

On RH 9.0
dia 0.93

And, do you pronounce it dee-ah or die-ah with first or second
syllable accented?

Thanks-

Jim Clark
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - West
Lenexa, Kansas
913/599-8845