Re: Another set of beginner questions

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Luc Pionchon wrote:

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:35:37 +0300
From: Luc Pionchon <luc handhelds org>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: Another set of beginner questions

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 18:26, Jim Clark wrote:
I want to change the box creation defaults for new boxes. I can see
how to create them and then edit the things I want to change (color
and padding) but I would like to be able to alter those for all future
boxes. Is there a way to change these--do not see such a dialog in the
preferences? Annoying to have to edit each one.

When you double click any tool button (in the application window), you
get a dialog for general preferences for this specific tool.

It is a bit hidden. Maybe we could add to each tooltip something like
"Double click for preferences" or something lighter ?

Ideally we'd have a tool options palette (like the gimp, at least in
principal) and even more ideally it would be shown by default docked to
the main window like a toolbar (more like many popular commercial graphics
applications).

I've also been meaning to add the option to have a standard toolbar (new,
save, open, etc) for quite a while.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://openclipart.org