Re: notes on 0.91 pre, mostly win32

At 14:27 07.02.03 -0600, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

i will file some of these as bugs later.
these are mostly win32 specific.

On my desktop I am running Microsoft Windows 98 with 128 MB RAM.
My display is 800x600
On my laptop I am running Microsoft Windows 98 with 256 MB RAM.
My display is 1024x768
[win32 stuff]
The font size used in Dia 0.90 was smaller, pretty close to the default
windows font size.  The font size in Dia 0.91 pre1-3 is a lot and even on
the larger of my displays this still leaves things feeling quite cramped.

Hmmm... this is the font size that Hans thought was the closest to the old
one.

If Pango is setup correctly, which I doubt it is when even setting the
HOME environment variable causes too much trouble ...

View -> Redraw.
Ideally this is not something that should be here, when the redraw code
works properly it will not be necessary.  In the short term it at
least allows the user to compensate for redraw problems, but hopefully we
can get rid of it at some stage.

It stays right up till 1.0, I suspect.

Keybindings, my bad ...
it is even more important that i get these done now that users can no
longer easily override the defaults. :(
If Steffen decides to add:

# otherwise you are not allowed to change hotkeys
gtk-can-change-accels = 1

to dia/bin/diagtkrc, why not ?

Delete == Delete is really really important.

I finally fixed that one.  Now I'm bothered all the time by not having
delete on Ctrl-D any more:)

If i try and turn on Anti Alias, i get an error message saying that this
version of Dia was compiled without libart.  I looked at the code in
app/menu.c and there is an #ifdef HAVE_LIBART so there should not even be
a menu item there.

That error message is not entirely correct.  To do AA, we need libart for
rendering but also freetype2 for text, which we can't do on Windows right
now.

The error message says :
        This Dia version is compiled without libart/text support.

With a patch to Pango/win32 see bug 94791 it would be possible
without freetype2, see lib/dialibartrenderer.c which has the
#ifdefed code.
If you look at the source Alan, please try to look at the right
place. Searching for the error text would have helped.

        Hans