Re: notes on 0.91 pre, mostly win32

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

On 7 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

The font size used in Dia 0.90 was smaller, pretty close to the
default windows font size.  The font size in Dia 0.91 pre1-3 is a lot
and even on the larger of my displays this still leaves things feeling
quite cramped.

Hmmm... this is the font size that Hans thought was the closest to the
old one.

Ran both side by side, and it is quite a bit bigger, I also think it is
an entirely differnt font.

The 'entirely different font' may be the reason more than anything else.

I thought for a minute that the Zoom keybindings had been removed but
it turns out that they were not there to begin with.  I should set
them to match the HIG and worry about internationalisation problems
later.

We used to have single-key bindings for those, but they interfered with
text input.

The HIG suggests Ctrl++ and Ctlr+- which on further inspection is fine.
We can worry about Ctrl+= later, HIG suggests using it for Zoom 1:1 but i
would prefer if it was also bound to Zoom in because on my keyboard
Ctrl++ is actually ctrl+shift+=.

Oh, yeah, Zoom In and Zoom Out should have such.  I usually in Gimp assign
single number keys to zoom steps (1(00%), 2(00%), 4(00%), 5(0%)), but
because of our current text input system, that won't do in Dia.  I have
plans to change text input radically ... at some point when I get the time:(

-Lars