Re: [offtopic] Re: new user question (offtopic, evolution)

I already use Pine (am trying to configure mutt nicely and then
Evolution is really nice, even though it does eat approx. 30 MB disk
I was considering mutt because of better integrated crypto, but its IMAP

Pine. Evolution. Mutt.

I'm using Sylpheed which is a minimalist GUI mail client. Has a lot of the
features you'd expect from Pine, the GUI you'd expect from a GNOME app,
and it's very lightweight.

The mailing list is full of Pine/ELM bigots who hate all things GUI but
have finally conceded they need a GUI on something. Thus was born
Sylpheed.

It doesn't support HTML mail in any way except this: it'll strip all HTML
tags and display the HTML email as text. Usually it's (HTML email) quite
ugly, but completely readable.

Personally, I plan to move to either Mozilla or Evolution sometime (I've
started evaluating Evolution) but I have a 1GHz 512MB laptop, so those two
are really options for me. Apparently Sylpheed runs quite happily on...
well... less-powered machines.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect