Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] setting a queryEditableText

Hello,

The problem is that the Nautilus Icon View seems to have a11y broken (I
will look up for a bug or file a new one in case I can't find it).

How to check that it is not working correctly:

Accerciser has a GREAT feature which is searching in the a11y tree the
element under the mouse cursor. If you have accerciser running, and, in
any other accessible application you type Ctrl+Shift+?, Accerciser will
search that element in the tree.

If you do that in Nautilus, and you place your mouse under one of the
icons, it finds a different icon in the tree.

In fact, if using the same code you wrote, instead of doing:

textfield.settextvalue("whatever")

you do:

textfield.gettextvalue()

it returns a complete different value.

You can also confirm this running orca (screen reader), the Icon View
has a bug in the a11y information.

You can still create your test, but you will need use the List View
instead, which seems to be working correctly.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ara.