Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] setting a queryEditableText

Hi James,

Thanks for the answer.

On 05/26/2010 07:10 PM, James Tatum wrote:
> So as far as writing a test, you'd have to set focus to the icon, press F2
> or pick Rename... from the context menu, then getchild on the parent
> container to get the edit box. Hope that makes sense.
>
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Leo Arias F. <yo elopio net> wrote:

It makes more or less sense (I don't know if that's the right expression
in English :) )

I'm adding a new folder. So before trying to edit the name, I click on
the menu File > Create Folder.

Then, the name of the folder is editable. And I think that with
'frm*untitledfolder' I'm selecting the text field, not the icon. I might
be wrong here, of course.

To make it even more weird, I've just tried to reproduce this again with
mago, and now the error displayed is that the child was not found :S.

Anyway, I'll try to spot my mago error later. Now I still can reproduce
this on the python interpreter.

Please tell me if following this steps you can rename the folder without
issues:
- Open nautilus
- Go to File > Create Folder
- Launch a python console on a terminal
- Enter the follwing script:
-> import ooldtp
-> nautilus = ooldtp.context('frm*FileBrowser')
-> textfield = nautilus.getchild('txtuntitledfolder*')
-> textfield.settextvalue('test')

Perhaps I'm missing something...

Oh, and in order to try with the f2 key, could you please tell me how to
set the focus to the icon?

thanks a lot.
pura vida.
--