Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] HELP wanted (Moving things forward)

Hey Juanje! I am glad to hear from you!

On 01/10/2010 06:27 PM, Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Ara Pulido <ara ubuntu com> wrote:
>> Hello all!
>
>  Hi! :-)
>
>> We need to move things forward in Mago in order to make it work
>> correctly with LDTP2 and in Lucid.
> [...]
>> After the release we need to package correctly LDTPv2 (making sure that
>> it replaces the current python-ldtp and ldtp packages) and start fixing
>> the trunk to work with LDTP.
>>
>> I can make the packaging efforts (based on what Javier have already
>> done), but we need a person coordinating the efforts of the migration
>> (filing bugs against Mago for things that need changes, assigning the
>> bugs, manage the progress in our biweekly meetings, etc.)
>>
>> Any volunteers for the above task?
>
> I couldn't find any package branch for ltdp2 so I created one[1] and
> the bug on Ubuntu[2] for getting the package in.

Thank you very much for starting this work.

> I tried the package oin karmic and seems to be fine. I've created also
> for Lucid but I coudn't test it. If anyone like to try, you can find
> the package on REVU[3], where I uploaded the package for being revised
> and uploaded to Ubuntu.

LDTP2 is not yet ready to be uploaded, but we could use the REVU system
to improve the package once we get the final LDTP2 code. I will add a
comment to avoid any MOTUs to upload the package.

> Tell me if you have any kind of problem with the package, the
> description or whatever.
>
> BTW, I didn't find any download site for LDTPv2. I mean for the souce
> tarball. Maybe it could be a good idea to create a project on
> Launchpad to release the tarballs and so.

You didn't find the code because it hasn't been released yet :-) Where
did you get the code from?

> I'm a bit off the project, so I don't know it good enough for manage
> the bugs and stuff, but if there is anything else I can help, I'd love
> to.

LDTP2 tracks its bugs upstream in GNOME bugzilla, under version 2.0.0
[1]. For bugs in the Ubuntu package, for LDTP1 we used Launchpad. When
LDTP2 gets uploaded we will use its bug page.

> Cheers and keep going with the good job! :-)

Thanks to you!
Cheers,
Ara.

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=LDTP