Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] HELP wanted (Moving things forward)

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Ara Pulido <ara ubuntu com> wrote:
> Hello all!

 Hi! :-)

> We need to move things forward in Mago in order to make it work
> correctly with LDTP2 and in Lucid.
[...]
> After the release we need to package correctly LDTPv2 (making sure that
> it replaces the current python-ldtp and ldtp packages) and start fixing
> the trunk to work with LDTP.
>
> I can make the packaging efforts (based on what Javier have already
> done), but we need a person coordinating the efforts of the migration
> (filing bugs against Mago for things that need changes, assigning the
> bugs, manage the progress in our biweekly meetings, etc.)
>
> Any volunteers for the above task?

I couldn't find any package branch for ltdp2 so I created one[1] and
the bug on Ubuntu[2] for getting the package in.

I tried the package oin karmic and seems to be fine. I've created also
for Lucid but I coudn't test it. If anyone like to try, you can find
the package on REVU[3], where I uploaded the package for being revised
and uploaded to Ubuntu.

Tell me if you have any kind of problem with the package, the
description or whatever.

BTW, I didn't find any download site for LDTPv2. I mean for the souce
tarball. Maybe it could be a good idea to create a project on
Launchpad to release the tarballs and so.

I'm a bit off the project, so I don't know it good enough for manage
the bugs and stuff, but if there is anything else I can help, I'd love
to.

Cheers and keep going with the good job! :-)

[1] http://code.launchpad.net/~juanje/+junk/ldtp2-ubuntu
[2] http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/505532
[3] http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/ldtp2
--