Re: Matrix IRC bridge considered harmful

On 15/02/2020 01:28, Zander Brown wrote:

This has now been fixed as of 00:50 GMT or so.
Around the same time people seem to have suddenly left rooms and/or had
permissions stripped

Yes, that was the bridge restarting to flush out the problems in #gnome. things should now be back in sync.  Meanwhile we're working on a next gen of the bridge which lets it restart without dropping the IRC connections: https://github.com/Half-Shot/irc-conntrack

Meanwhile, we've gone and published the IRC room list as the public room directory on https://gnome.riot.im.

Other than GNOME branding and a sensible home somewhere in https://*.gnome.org, the dedicated server & bridge should now be good to go.