Re: Retiring app menus - planning for 3.32.0

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
... The keyboard shortcuts dialogue in Videos is invaluable.

Its contents used to be in the README file, which users wouldn't see,
the user documentation still shows the old interface (from 4 years
ago), and I'd rather not rely on user docs if I can help it.

Putting aside the issue of outdated user docs, do you experience any
advantages having keyboard shortcuts in the shortcuts window, as
opposed to the help?

I can see the advantage for a large and complex app, where you might
want to regularly check shortcuts, as a quick reference. In the case
of a simple app, it's less clear to me what the advantage is over
having shortcuts in the docs.

Allan