Re: Release team now using gnome-build-meta repository, not JHBuild

Hi Jens,

Hurried reply whilst getting ready to go to airport...

On Sun, 2018-01-21 at 10:16 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
On Sat, 2018-01-20 at 11:06 -0600, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:

Hi all,

This bears repeating: the release team will no longer maintain
JHBuild
or the JHBuild modulesets. When adding or removing a dependency from
your module, please now update gnome-build-meta instead.

So, following up on that and also on the libgepub thread: Which places
do I have to modify if I were to switch the ABI and API version of
gexiv2

gexiv2 is listed as a system dependency, which strikes me as a bit odd
seeing as it's a requirement for some GNOME modules and it's hosted in
GNOME - I'm new to the release team and will have to figure out the
reasoning behind this.

Also, your question makes me realize I need to clarify some more things
about sysdeps and how they have changed, there is a longer term plan
which involves collaboration with the newly created freedesktop-sdk
project (see: gitlab project[0] and mailing list[1]) for building a
well integrated system which I will try to blog about soon.

For now, the actual sysdeps we use to populate a base runtime to build
against are controlled by this list[2], and is basically generated from
packages in debian testing - until the freedesktop-sdk project evolves
and we start generating bootable VMs with a combination of that, and
GNOME build metadata, I should move that repo over to GNOME's gitlab
and re-enable the automation of generating the images it creates (I've
been doing this manually in order to avoid unnecessary rebuilds).

Cheers,
    -Tristan

[0]: https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk