Re: projects-old.gnome.org being discontinued

On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 22:42 +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
Do you see any value in keeping those URLs around even if they're
historical and not relevant since several years?

I occasionally get internet search engine results which point to
projects-old.gnome.org. For clarification: If I try to visit any URL on
projects-old, will my browser/search engine/I get a HTTP 301 redirect
to some GNOME URL that will work? Or just a useless "Server not found"?

(Anecdote: I still regularly run into/click on links to wiki.gnome.org
just to end up on blank pages because some people thought it's a great
idea to reorganize content by moving pages without leaving redirects.)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/