Re: Application name strings consistency

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
The other thing we can do in Software is think
about making the developer more prominent.

Like using "GNOME Files" in GNOME Software as was suggested by
everyone in this thread who expressed a preference?

Files also suffers from the problem of zero info in the About dialog
to tell you where the app came from or what the app really is. It
doesn't link to a homepage. It doesn't mention GNOME. It doesn't
mention that you'll need to know the word "nautilus" in order to file
a bug or find the source code.

Alexandre, thank you for starting this conversation. I was intending
to start the tread myself after 3.26 was released.

I recommend that GNOME apps follow this pattern (using
gnome-tweak-tool as an example).
Primary user visible name:     Tweaks
About dialog:     GNOME Tweaks
Appstream metadata:     GNOME Tweaks