Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 08:50 -0400, Carlos Soriano via desktop-devel-
list wrote:
[...]

- git-bz attach equals to git push origin HEAD:fix2340issue, then
click create merge request.

Does this rewrite the commit message to include the PR or bug
number?

No, as written in the wiki you write "Closes: $number" and it will
handle things automatically.
Of course some addition could be done to do the rewrite.

This is a point of interest to me.

To clarify:

  o Accepting a merge request will automatically close the merge
    request and apply the branch with (if enabled) an additional
    superficial commit saying MR ${number} was merged.

  o If the commit messages say "Closses ${number}" in them, gitlab
    will scan this and do automatic things too, iiuc it will close
    issues automatically when the merge request is accepted.

In gitlab this automation is quite configurable, so my question is;
will individual project maintainers in GNOME have the power to
configure this how they like for their own modules ?

This is a feature I personally want disabled, closing a bug report is a
manual thing in my mind, a patch itself should not be allowed to
dictate that it closes an issue, although that patch might presume to
do so, someone should stop by and close the issue.

Cheers,
    -Tristan