Subject: Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org
Local Time: May 17, 2017 11:45 AM
UTC Time: May 17, 2017 9:45 AM
From: hadess hadess net
To: Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org>, Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>
desktop-devel-list gnome org

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 11:33 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:

<snip>
> Most developers are more familiar with the GitHub workflow, I think
> it's
> an easier workflow than attaching a patch to a bugtracker ticket.
> Once
> the contributor has pushed a branch on the fork repo, all the rest
> can
> be done from the web interface by clicking on some buttons.

I absolutely hate this workflow, fwiw. I prefer being able to run "git-
bz" to both create and apply patches, rather than keeping a clone with
a bunch of patches in my own org, or remembering the commands to push a
repo to my own repo from the upstream clone.

I hope there will be a git-bz equivalent available.