Re: Matrix as a replacement for Telepathy

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 3:59 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 15:34 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
If someone cares enough to implement support for a protocol in
Telepathy, they could probably implement support for the protocol
elsewhere too.

But where is "elsewhere"? If not libpurple, where *should* I be adding
support for my new toy protocol for example? If you've just taken your
ball and gone home...

Well why not libpurple?

As the current lead developer of Pidgin, and thus libpurple, I would
love to see more people using it.  if there's something we can do to
make Pidgin/libpurple a stronger contender in this race, please let me
know.

Your critiques about needing updates for newer protocols are certainly
valid, and we're slowly marching towards them as we're trying to
modernize our codebase.  That said if anyone would like to discuss
them in more detail, I'd love to hear it (off list naturally).

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director

Thanks,