Re: Power switch to actually turn off my computer

Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre <at> mecheye.net> writes:

During a user session, gnome-settings-daemon enforces the policy for the
shutdown.

There's multiple cases for "nobody is logged in". If you're running a
display manager like gdm, gnome-settings-daemon is also running, which
enforces the policy for shutdown. gdm runs as a special gdm user, which has
its own dconf profile, so you have to configure the dconf setting for the
gdm user separately at that case.If you're at a traditional console login,
or at a console in general, the current session active doesn't have a
registered inhibitor, so it's controlled by /etc/systemd/logind.conf.

Now I'm confused again.  I'd put in the inhibitor in
/etc/systemd/logind.conf but it only served to enable shutdown when I was
logged in, not when nobody was logged in.  Are you saying that I have to
both have the inhibitor in /etc/systemd/logind.conf *and* configure dconf
for this "special gdm user" so that the power key will shut down the system?

Open is still the question of where gnome stores this configuration when
powered down.