Re: Power switch to actually turn off my computer

On Wed, 09.04.14 20:20, Charles T. Smith (cts private yahoo gmail com) wrote:

Hello, how can I configure my SuSE 13.1 system to shut down when I press the
power button?

In SuSE 12, you had to make a change in:

  /etc/acpi/events/power_button

but that directory doesn't exist in 13.1.

I don't want it to shutdown when a user is logged in, only when at the gdm
welcome screen.

I looked in xorg.conf(5), but didn't see anything appropriate.

Install gnome-tweak-tool and go to "Power". You'll find it there.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat