Re: Power switch to actually turn off my computer

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Charles T. Smith
<cts private yahoo gmail com> wrote:
Do you suppose that kde also manages the power switch internally?

If by "manage the power switch internally" you mean "call out to
logind via DBus", then yes, I would KDE expect to do the same
eventually (provided that they do offer an option for handling the
power key).
If you are not using GNOME (or more specifically:
gnome-settings-daemon), you should be able to set the desired action
in /etc/systemd/logind.conf(5), via the HandlePowerKey action.